PAECT has partnered with official ISTE Certification Authorized Provider, Lincoln Intermediate Unit 12 to offer the ISTE Certification. LIU12 is currently the only CAP offering the opportunity for 3 graduate credits as you complete the certification!
The ISTE Certification for Educators is a rigorous professional certification for ambitious educators and coaches ready for the challenge. Using a hybrid model encompassing both face to face and online learning components, candidate educators will complete approximately 30 hours of instruction and activities before assembling their eportfolio for review by the ISTE Certification review team.
Are you ready to be an ISTE Certified Educator?
To be successful in this program we believe it is important to consider these questions.
- Are you an educator who is interested in professional growth and who sees the ISTE Standards as a roadmap for using technology to learn?
- Are you an educator who has experience and comfort using varied technology in the classroom?
- Are you an educator who is comfortable with and has experience successfully taking online professional learning (courses)?
Opportunity to earn three graduate level credits.
- Become part of the ISTE Certified Educator community
- Join ISTE Certified Educator meet ups at the ISTE conference
- Identify yourself with the ISTE Certified Educator email signature and digital badges
Click here for more information and registration.
Steps to becoming an ISTE Certified Educator
- Sign up for a training with
- Attend in-person workshop (2 days)
- Complete online coursework (8 weeks)
- Prepare and submit an eportfolio to ISTE for review (6 months) — the educator will be provided access to a certification portal where participants can get feedback from their cohort while preparing their portfolio of artifacts and reflections.
- Once submitted, ISTE Certification Evaluators will review the artifacts. Those who successfully meet the certification will become ISTE Certified Educators.
Upcoming ISTE Certification events
January 30 & 31, New Oxford, PA, contact Ben Smith for information
March 30 & 31, Allentown, PA, contact Sara Heintzelman for information